New “H” Series Tube Cut Off Machine
The “H” tube cut off machine features dual servo tube feeders for faster cutting of long lengths as well as multi-axis machining of weld preps and special bevels on both tube ends. The innovative overhead design makes this our highest performance rotary-head tube cut off machine.
- Reversed product flow insures trouble-free cutting of short bearing and gear blanks
- Overhead mounting of tube feeders for improved chip control
- Automatic separation of trim cuts from production cuts
- Automatic separation of remnants from shavings
- Step-through configuration allows quick access to both sides of cutting area
- Higher cutting area provides improved access to tooling
- Cut off machine can be operated from the front or rear for best product flow
- Quick-change chuck jaws for cutting large, thin-wall tubes
- OD: .75 inch to 3.0 inch (smaller with special jaws)
- Wall Thickness: .020 – .80 inch
- Cut Length: .50 inch / 480 inch
- The RC30-H Rotary Tube Cut Off Machine excels at cutting small tubes up to 3″ diameter, with the highest performance of all our H-series cut off machines.
- OD: .88 to 5.0 inch
- Wall Thickness: .049 to 1.25″
- Cut Off Lengths: .50 – 480 inch
The RC50-H Rotary Tube Cut Off Machine excels at cutting intermediate size tubes.
- OD: 1.5 – 6.75 inch
- Wall Thickness: .049 – 1.25 inch
- Cut Lengths: .50 / 480 inches
- OD: 3.5 inch to 9.1 inch
- Wall Thickness: .065 inch to 1.25 inch
- Cut Lengths: 0.75 inch min / 480 inches max
- Random lengths are automatically measured and optimized
Benefits of our Rotating-Headstock lathes:
- The 30HP headstock has ample power for fast cutting, and includes constant surface speed (CSS) control to maintain optimum production rates
- The tube chucks adjust automatically to the programmed diameter – no downtime for collet or jaw replacement.
- You can cut, face, chamfer and groove tubes in one chucking
- Eliminate secondary operations and reduce labor
- Cut mixed long and short lengths for the best material utilization even when cutting from random length bundles.
H Series Cut Off Machine Advantages:
- Chamfer OD and ID on both tube ends
- Quiet rotating-head/stationary tube design
- Cut off head rotates around the tube
- Dual hydraulic chucks hold the tube on both sides of the cut
- Fast, pushbutton changeover for tube diameter and cut-off length
- Cut off piece is held and does not ”break loose”
- Cut long lengths without steady rests