The Hautau Rotating Head Cutoff Lathe is the most advanced way to cut and chamfer tubing and pipe. With fast servo changeover they’re perfect for short or long runs
Rotating-Head Cutoff Lathe
Combine cutting, full tube end machining and efficient material utilization …
- Hautau Technology sets the standard for the industry because of the way we apply it to solve unique customer requirements.
- You get a system with programmable setup for both product diameter and optimum cut lengths, so idle time is virtually eliminated.
- Our tube loading and feeding system accepts full bundles as well as partial length tubes with little or no changeover, so the occasional re-cut piece can be processed with minimal setup time.
One Hautau Rotating Head Cutoff Lathe does it all. You get unmatched capability on a full range of tubing wall thicknesses, plus quick changeover.
Solutions for Thick Wall Tube and Thin Wall Tubing Cutoff
With Hautau, you can get the complete system, including integrated loading, cutting, sorting, inspection and cleaning.
- Thick Wall Solution–Lathe Tooling
- Thin Wall Performance–Cutting Wheel
- Custom Software Modifications Available, If Required
Thick Wall Solutions – Lathe Tooling
- Incoming Material: 1 to 75 feet, and random
- Part Length: 0.5 inch to 60 feet
- Diameter: Up to 9 inches
- Wall: .125 inch to 1.5 inches
- Laser accurately locates tube end on initial feed
- Servo accurately locates subsequent segments
- Optimal Length Programming—one tube, up to 5 lengths
- Minimum tool overhang eliminates chatter, improves surface finish
- Solid bar through 3 inch OD
- Quiet running
Thin Wall Performance – Cutting Wheel
- Chipless wheel cutoff, no kerf loss
- Roller restores inside diameter on both ends
- Wall: 0.049 inch up to 0.125 inch
- Ready for mandrel bend operations
- Precision length control
- Eliminates ID sizing operations
- Quick-change to lathe cutoff tooling
Custom Tube Cutoff Software Solutions
Length optimization software …
- Easy to setup length combinations to minimize scrap
- Measures the overall tube length at the loader
- Recalculates for each tube so that random lengths can be processed automatically