The RC50 Cutoff Lathe has an intermediate capacity to cutoff a wide range of popular tube and pipe diameters. These machines can cut, face, chamfer and groove tubes quickly and efficiently, eliminating secondary operations and reducing labor.
Tube OD: 0.75 inch to 5 inch
Wall Thickness: .032 inch to 1.25 inch
Cut Lengths: 0.50 inch min / 480 inches max • Multiple cut lengths per tube • Random lengths are automatically measured and optimized
30HP cutoff lathe headstock has ample power for fast cutting, and includes constant surface speed (CSS) control to maintain optimum production rates. The dual hydraulic chucks hold the tube on both sides of the cut and adjust automatically.
- Tool slide configuration allows fast facing, cutting and chamfering .75 to 5 inch tubes
- Produces weld preps, grooves and other special features.
- Chamfer OD and ID on both tube ends
- Efficient rotating-head/stationary tube design
- Cut long lengths without “steady rests”
- Cutoff piece is held and does not “break loose”
- Chucks automatically adjust for tube or pipe size
- No collet or jaw changes
- Fast, pushbutton changeover for tube diameter and cut-off length